Wednesday, January 7, 2009

final destination

I went to think a thought
last week,
but my mind was somewhere else.

I couldn't decide if
I left
it behind or if I had

yet to locate it, but
I was
prety sure I had had it

sometime earlier, when
my thoughts
were so much more practical

and all my plans for the
future
looked nothing like all of my

plans for tomorrow or
the next
day. And when I found it on

the train what seemed like a
lifetime
later, just travelling back

and fourth, wondering how it
got so
caught up in things it forgot

which direction it was
going,
I figured I'd try to get

ahold of the thing, but
by then,
I soon realized, I couldn't

remember what it was that
I was
wondering in the first place.

I think that's because it was
never
really important at all.

I mean, how could it have been?
I knew
which direction I was going.

No comments: